Furniture shopping is a great option if you have empty spaces to fill. You will quickly get lost if you don’t have a plan. You can find great items at garage sales or second-hand shops, no matter where you shop. These tips will help you get started.
1) Measure how much space you will need to fill. This requires measuring the room in detail to get the best results. Draw the room on paper. Fill in the necessary dimensions such as the overall room size, height, window sill location, floor-mounted electrical outlets and width of doors ways. Even if your skills are not sufficient to draw a plan to scale, these measurements will prove invaluable when you need to determine if the sofa you’re interested in will fit into your family room.
2) Take photos. Take digital photos from every angle of the room. It is helpful to have photos because you won’t be able to remember every detail in the room when you go shopping. You can use the photos to determine if the coffee table at the store’s location will match the one you have at home. The photos can be printed if you wish, or you can simply view them with your phone or camera.
3) Take samples of the fabrics and finishes in your space. You can also take an arm cover for upholstered furniture. A stir stick containing the color of your living area paint color is a good idea. You can bring it with you. You can match wood finishes with small pieces of trim or small drawers. Keep samples of every item in your home for reference next time you make home improvements. It is important to ensure that your new items blend in with your existing space.
4) Set a budget. It is easy to get distracted by the excitement of the furniture salesperson when you see all the matching pieces and accessories displayed on the showroom floor. Before you go, make sure you have a budget and know what you can afford. You don’t have to buy everything at once if you are unable to afford it all. A salesperson can also benefit from a budget. It helps them decide what to show you. While everyone wants the $8,000 sofa, it is best to shop for items that are more within your means.
5) Pre-shop. Pre-shop online for furniture if you have the time. To get an idea about the style and price range of local stores, visit their websites. You will be able to find furniture shops bendigo that suit your style and budget so that you don’t waste your time at stores that don’t meet your needs.
6) Tip: Make an list. Make a list of the furniture and accessories you need. You can add details like “orange lamp” and “round leather ottoman” to help you remember what look you want. This will help you stay focused and not get distracted by items that don’t belong.
Take a tape measure with you when you go out the door. It will make it much easier to shop in thrift shops that may not have one.
It is a smart way to save time and money when shopping for furniture.